Thursday, July 16, 2009

Welcome.

Welcome to...whatever the hell this place is supposed to be. I suppose I will post a bunch of random and sometimes useful information about film, screenwriting and possibly even music...but I really have no game plan at all. It's all going to be pretty spur of the moment - basically, whatever I think is useful and/or cool that I would like to share with you.

The title of this site, Goliaths Disarm Their Davids, is taken from a song by the Swedish metal band In Flames, off their 1997 EP Black Ash Inheritance. Why did I choose that as the title? I have absolutely no idea. Again, spur of the moment. It's literally just the first phrase that came to mind, so I went with it.

After about 2 minutes dicking around in Microsoft Paint (yes, I said MS Paint), I came out with the banner image you see displayed at the top. Who better to decorate the image than Don Vito himself? There is no greater Goliath, except maybe his son Michael, and they both certainly disarmed their Davids.

But In Flames kinda sucks now.

So anyway, I hope to add new stuff here every day or two, or whenever I can. You will probably see some film reviews (in great detail or in 4 words or less), script reviews, random nuggets of screenwriting information that I picked up along the way, or a bunch of random shit off YouTube. So check hourly. I know you will. Don't even try to lie. We all love YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment